Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Natural History Museum, London

 
 The Natural History Museum in Kensington, London is such an impressive building.

 I managed to pay a quick visit in June 2013 as I was in the area. I don't think I have been inside since school days. Surprisingly admission is still free.

 Lizards on the outer wall




Rows of animals at the top of the building
 The main entrance hall is impressive in its size and brightness. There is the large skeleton of a dinosaur



 Darwin sits at the top of the main stairs,

As I only had limited time my priority was to see the mammals section and in particular to look for those from southeast Asia. The very first animal I saw was an orang utan
 This notice explains how the museum no longer collects skins for displays
A pangolin

 
elephant and tooth of Asiatic elephant

wild boar



Unfortunately the tapir photo is not good



 Rhino and fake horn

Looking down into the main hall
 View of first floor

I had a quick look in the minerals room but didn't have time to spare. I will have to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment