Enjoy!!!

Enjoy!!!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Snow in London Dec 2009

I am so happy. I am seeing snow for the first time for years, maybe for 20 years. And it is a decent amount of snow for London. It's really beautiful. It started on the evening of my birthday which was a nice present. It was a really bitterly cold day with a very strong easterly wind blowing straight from Siberia, and the snow started about 8pm. The eastern part of England got the snow, including SE London where I am. This morning I started taking photos, but it was still quite dull out. Now the sun is shining, but hopefully the snow will last all day. I feel as excited as a young child! Problem is I only have one pair of shoes in London, and they have holes in them, and I really need to go out later. I am going to get wet and cold feet.
View from the lounge
looking out at 8am
Same view in October
so nice
front garden, no footsteps
back garden with fox footprints
kitchen window sill with snow

Looking at the back garden, tracks made by foxes


© Liz Price
No reproduction without permission

8 comments:

  1. In the Netherlands they are expecting a White Christmas, the first one since 1981..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In England they've haven't made any forecast yet for Christmas. Probably as there is so much money betted on whether it will be a white Christmas. I don't think it will be white in London as it's supposed to get warmer next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In beautiful Malaysia, land of corruption, there's plenty of sunshine and rain frequently. Merry x'mas and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will get to memdip to see your old caving chums there, a nice wet trip through swildons would be nice in this snow. or a nice evening cherwing the rag in the Hunters, followed by a barrel at the BEC's Belfry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was invited to Mendip this week, luckily I didn't go or else I would be snowed in there. I just shiver and shudder at the thought of going caving in this weather. Today I saw the tv pic of the people swimming in the Serpentine............ brrrrrhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But I guess, when you lived down there, you where like the rest of us mad buggers, went caving no matter what the weather, I recall one winter caving in South Wales, went into the
    Agen Allwedd system, when we come out it was snowing hard, and by the time we had walked back along the track to the Chelsea hut, our wet suits were frozen hard, we walked like a group of Zombies.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I remember my gloves freezing to the metal frame of the entrance gate of St Cuthberts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dont you just love the Entrance rift on a wet winters day, I having a long upper leg and used to struggle up it, and if lots of water around, not very pleasent, at least it was only a hop skip and jump into the Belfry:-))

    ReplyDelete